Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Part of No Was Unclear?

Today I'm exploring the other side of the coin - those who can't seem to take NO for an answer.  We've all experienced that person in our lives; whether it's that PTO mom who can't understand you have a full-time job in addition to 2 kids which limits your appearances at bake sales or that co-worker who can't get it through their head that you really don't want to go out with her cousin Harold who's an accountant still living with his mother.

For today, though, I'm talking about that guy who hangs on to you like you're a lifeboat in the middle of the Pacific. It's really simple guys - if you've asked us out 10 times and we've said no, you can bet the 11th time is going to yield the same result.  What is that saying about insanity and looking for a different outcome? 

I've had this happen to me and even today I get calls and/or text from someone who I know I've told and texted NO to numerous times.  You'd think after 6 months they'd take a hint.  Guys, come on, really? You can memorize every football stat known to man but you can't remember the stats in this situation are 0 for 10? The Detroit Lions have a better record.

Perhaps you think it's your way of holding on to us? Only if you had gloves made with superglue and velcro.  I realize we sometimes want the things we can't have, there's just something alluring about it.  In this situation however, Mission Impossible is more than just a movie title.  

I truly believe when one door closes, another one opens. Just take a minute and check the address.


No comments:

Post a Comment