Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The 'eX' Factor

What a wonderful fall weekend (with the slight exception of temperatures more suited to June than September).  Yesterday, I spent the day with my daughter and my ex at a barrel horse exhibition and sale... It was a spectacular event and we all had a great time.  

Now, some of you may be reading this scratching your head and exclaiming "You used 'great' and 'ex' in the same description!" And you would be justified in making that statement.  Trust me, there are still many times that remind me why I like beer.  But one thing I've found is with divorce as with child birth, time has a way of erasing the stress and pain of both.  Unfortunately, though, they're both still quite costly. 

Back to yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and there was lots to see. (Four-legged AND two-legged I might add and I'm sure my ex would agree).  It was not lost on me however that had I not been there, he'd probably have had a field day with either... I think the girl:boy ratio was probably 3:1.  

I get asked a lot about how is it I can spend time with my ex and not want alcohol through a feeding tube and the truth is I have no idea. We've been apart for many years now and that may have something to do with it.  On the other hand,  for the first few of those years, getting to that point seemed about as likely as us being able to afford any of those horses we saw yesterday! I've even joked in the past that I believe a couple of times he and I tried to hire the same hit man... Again, joking here - but you get the picture! 

When you have kids with an ex, you have to get to what I call the 'the point of no return'. Kinda like the Wal-Mart policy of after so many days you can't return the item.  Sometimes when you get it back home again you realize, it may not have been the perfect match you thought it was, but it's not so bad after all either...

No comments:

Post a Comment