Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

STRAW POLL

There are few things that can shatter a single gal's self-confidence worse than the thought that no man may ever want her.  It goes back to that 'look in the mirror' thing really.  Let's face it, it's easy to believe in yourself when times are good.  When times are bad, however, self-doubt creeps in like a teenager out after curfew. 

And ever notice how, for some reason, when you're feeling down is when all those danged 'polls' come out.  You know the ones - with titles like "How to Find a Guy/Girl in 10 Websites".  I know all the experts say we're not suppose to let our dating/social status dictate our level of self-confidence.  But let's turn them loose in Small Town USA on Friday night and see how well they fair.  Gives new meaning to the phrase 'straw poll' I think.

Speaking of the polls, I always get a kick when I read these polls 'they' (whoever "THEY" are) come out with.  The ones that amuse me the most - the ones that are about dating in modern times but are written by someone who's in their late 50s and been married since 1975! Tell me again where they got their intel? I heard Studio 54 went out a long time ago. It's like when you're sitting at a bull riding behind someone who won't quit slamming whoever's riding in the arena at the time... every time.  Makes you wish there was a request for a 'volunteer from the audience' like at the old timey magic shows! Talk about a disappearing act then.

Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not for one second pretending to be a relationship expert myself. If I were, I wouldn't be writing this blog, I'd be at home fixing dinner for my spouse of 25 years... Oh... Wait... I don't have one of those. 


No comments:

Post a Comment