Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

HUNTING OUT OF SEASON

You know, I can't help but get tickled at people sometimes.  Yes, even grown ups.  We all try for the most part, I believe, to show the better part of ourselves but, from time to time, the dark side shows up.  Now, I may catch some heat for today's post but sometimes I just have to speak my mind. (Ok, ok, those of you who know me are now spitting coffee out their nose squealing "SOMETIMES?!") 

Today's topic... Poaching.  No, not critter poaching but rather spouse/significant other poaching. Same rule applies here though: YOU JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!!  I mean, I know as well as anyone the pool of promising prospects out there is as shallow as most Texas ponds right now but still it doesn't give you the right to take what belongs to someone else.  You just move on to the next watering hole. Honestly, jewelers should hand out "No Trespassing" signs when they sell a wedding ring.

What are poachers? To me, poaching is in the same family as back-stabbing and cowardly (probably second cousin twice removed or something). Poachers are clandestine, hunting stealthily under cover of darkness usually for something that's either out of season or off limits... They'll scout their locations, simultaneously looking for their prey as well as the nearest escape route (cowardly). They're also ready and willing to lie to cover their tracks and/or justify their actions (back-stabbing); so you never know where you stand with them. And apparently reading isn't their strong suit; if it were they'd read the "No Trespassing" signs.

So, a word to the wise from your friendly relationship game warden here: "Watch where you point that thing... I'm not Bambi!"


No comments:

Post a Comment