Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Perfect Imperfection

Like anyone else I have my flaws.  Unfortunately, one of my biggest ones is a tendency to jump to conclusions and boy when I do I may as well be jumping off a cliff!  The bad part is I know before I do it that it's gonna be a train wreck but, well, I pull that train right out of the station anyway. I see something and rather than taking a moment to examine the whole picture, I find myself wearing a pair of blinders quicker than a thoroughbred in the Kentucky Derby.  

Another flaw? How about impatience? I seem to be allergic not only to nuts but to waiting (both make me break out in hives).  I have a tendency to be a scheduleholic which compounds the problem.  I don't know what makes me crazier, waiting on a date or the horseshoer.  You ever notice how both seem to be notoriously late when you're in a hurry?

Then again, if we were all perfect, it'd be like dating a computer (not to be confused with computer dating).  I mean, who wants to kiss R2D2 - really.  So, today it's about accepting each other - the good, the bad and the ugly.  Loving is more about accepting imperfection as a key component in your soul mate than about trying to create perfection in your mate.  Think about it - who really wants to end up with the Bride of Frankenstein!

No comments:

Post a Comment