Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday Tickler

Let's start off with - I broke my toe on Saturday morning.  If you're like me, you start off everyday with a large cup of coffee (more like large pot of coffee for me).  Here's a lesson I just learned the hard way.  Be very careful what you do pre-coffee.  As I stumbled around, trying to wake up, I stumbled right into a nightstand.  It's been there for 2 1/2 years, I don't know why I thought it had moved. As I jumped around like a frog on a pogo stick, and uttering a few choice words it came to me - I'm moving that dang coffee pot to the nightstand!  That way, I wouldn't have to wait to get to the kitchen to wake up. Since that's not practical then from now on I'm going straight to the coffee rather than wait on another calamity.

Here's where I'm going with this.  It all goes back to the saying "Good things come to those who wait".   You know what I'm talking about.  Whether it's that highly anticipated - or sometimes dreaded - phone call, text, email, pregnancy test, we've all been there. Right? 

Example: Step 1) You meet someone like say at the grocery store (or a restaurant) and as you talk the chemistry builds and Step 2) they ask for your number.  Now,  Step 3) the hard part - THE WAITING.  Any time your phone rings, you jump; when it doesn't ring, you look at it anyway, wondering if you accidentally shut it off.  Your anxiety continues to build (course that could be the 5 cups of coffee you had first thing too) and then the inevitable Step 4) all the usual things cross your mind, i.e., he must've lost my number, maybe I gave him the wrong number (damn), maybe his ex-wife showed back up and swept him off his feet.  Wait.  What? (That's a whole other blog entry). 

And just when you're about to give up - he calls. You see a number come up you don't recognize so that's got to be his. In that split second your knees go weak at that instant thought "What if he's calling to reject me?" Now obviously as you chat away the butterflies leave especially when he informs you HE had been afraid to call at first, worried about rejection.  After the conversation is over you realize, that wasn't really so bad after all now was it? All that waiting and worrying and wondering (and fear) for nothing.  If that had been your child getting a shot at the doctor's office they would've deserved a lollipop (we'll take coffee).

Moral of the story: Moving too quick can break your heart like it can break a toe.

Terrific Tuesday to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment