Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

In the News

I saw something on the news this morning that goes hand in hand with one of the things I've been blogging about - not being a phony.  Here's the funny thing - the experts say "don't be a phony".  Really? No kidding? Well, duh.  The article I saw, however, addressed only the women not being phony, i.e., about their relationship needs, their looks.  

But what about the men? Just as many men tend to be less than honest about those things too in my experience.  Out here, though, it's usually about things like - "I can ride anything that has hair and hooves" and that may be true - if it's at a petting zoo.  Or how about "I own 1,000 acres" (of course that's only on his country version of Monopoly).  

One thing I've found in common is the fib surrounding the relationship need.  Whether city or country boys, I've heard it from both "I want someone I can come home to, someone I can rely on, someone I can curl up with night after night".  Now if you're like me, when you hear that you think to yourself 'wow he's looking for the same thing I am'.  You continue to talk, he says all the right things, you feel like this could be the one, so you go out for the first time.  That's when you realize what he meant was he only wants to come to your home, and is relying on you to curl up with him that night.  

Take it from me ladies, if all you're hearing is what he wants you to, then I suggest you invest in a hearing aid - like, say, your best friend!


1 comment: