Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy Friday to all...

Of course, to those of us in the agricultural community - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE?!  One of the first things I found out about animals, is they like to eat 7 days a week just like we do.  How about that.  Hmm.  And therein lies a great part of my dilemma and the birthplace of this blog.  (Well, that and the suggestion of a friend).  I must say, though, that I wouldn't trade where and how I live for anything in the world.  I'm proud of the fact that I can haul hay, work a horse, clean stalls AND run a computer.  I can even clean up, go to dinner and carry on a somewhat intelligent conversation, too!

It's just that you see, I've found living in the country makes dating even more challenging than it already is.  By living in the country, right off the bat you automatically reduce your choice pool by population numbers alone.  Then you have the distance issue.  And those are just for starters! 

Oh, I've tried the dating websites but for some reason my 'matches' still seem to include people living 150 miles away...in the city!  Now, I have nothing against people who live in the city (I myself lived and worked in the city for many years); it's just that with the country lifestyle comes certain required adaptations.  For instance, guys or girls from the country have you ever been on a dating website and was messaged by someone asking if you could teach them to 'ride a horsey'? If you're like me, then you too accidentally hit the delete button from laughing too hard.  But then, when you do have a chance to go out and something happens, have YOU ever tried to explain to your date you can't go to dinner because your horse coliced? Seriously. I have and I could hear crickets chirping in my headset.  Perhaps someone should invent a dictionary aimed at lifestyles for these websites? 

Here's the difference in another way.  I was at a rodeo recently and a gentleman stopped me as I walked by.  He uttered that age old statement: "You look familiar. I swear I've seen you somewhere." I asked him the age old question: "You do too.  Ever been in the local Wal-Mart?"  Sadly, yes he had.  In the city, that conversation usually takes place in a bar and Wal-Mart would never enter the equation.  

So here's today's question: Is it really possible to find true love in the country... Or is it just the proverbial needle in the haystack?

1 comment:

  1. To answer your question, I am beginning to believe it is possible! ge

    ReplyDelete