Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Could someone please tell me...

Why is it that some men feel the need to let words escape their mouth before they've been roped in by their brains?!  Honestly.  I was out last night with a couple of my best stable mates (that's 'gal pals' to you Sex and The City fans) and I was just shocked at something a complete stranger uttered to one of them.  I won't put it on here in the event younger people view this but let's just say: a face is NOT furniture.  I mean really - and you wonder why instead of a date you're out with someone who looks like they should have been dressed by their mother because what they had on sure didn't help!

But this is what I'm talking about, this is one of the challenges of finding someone to seriously date in a rural area.  Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of hard working, stand-up, won't do you wrong guys around here (and girls for that matter)... Most of them just happen to already be married or attached!  So what's a girl to do?! I've tried 'fishing' but 9 times out of 10 all I come up with is a turtle.

It's raining finally and rain is so refreshing.  You know what could use a refreshment? Those 'pick up' lines? You know the standard ones of course: "Someone call 911 cause you just stole my heart", "What's your sign?", things like that.  And just when you think you've heard them all here come more: "Hey little filly, looking for a stud?" (My answer to that is "yeah but all I keep finding are geldings"),  "You look like a real cowgirl.  Care to ride double?"  Really? Seriously? There's more cheese there than Velveeta could EVER produce. 

Here's an idea: How about "Hi there.  What's your name? It's very nice to meet you."  If the person you're talking to is still standing there by the time you get to "What's your name", odds are you might have a shot! Just saying...

I hope everyone enjoys this glorious rainy, cooler (it's below 90 right now when it's usually already 100), Saturday.  If you have had any escapades you would like to share, feel free.  We're all in this together!

2 comments:

  1. Very good, I am intrigued. Blog more every day cause its very interesting and wanting to read more

    ReplyDelete