Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DESPERATION NOT INSPIRATION

When it comes to dating, ever wonder what the distance is between the two? My theory is about 50 miles of bad dates!  I was recently asked if this blog was going to be a 'how to' guide for dating.  My response? If I could write a 'how to' do you think I'd still be single? No.  What I can say is it's more of a 'how NOT to'.  After all, in my opinion, how can you write a 'how TO' unless you've been through a lot of 'how NOT to' anyway?

One thing I've learned is you never know where you're going to meet someone so you should always at least comb your ponytail and make sure your eyeliner isn't doubling for blush.  Yes, that really happened to me, yes it was in Wal-Mart and yes he was cute.  But that wasn't the worst of it; turns out I had a hole in the seat of my jeans and my shirt didn't quite cover it up.  Unfortunately, it was pointed out by a kind friend I happened to run across AFTER I saw Mr. U. R. Cute. I guess it could've been worse - I could've ended up on the "Wal-Mart People" site. 

So consider this blog not so much the fruit of my labor as the salt of my tears.  But hey you never know.  Like they say "Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn every once in a while".  Wait, I just compared myself to a rodent and a date to a nut.  Hmm.  Maybe that's why I'm single?! Again, there's that 'how not to'.  


No comments:

Post a Comment