Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

"Just Another Manic Monday" Part II

I love my work.  Yes, I really do love my work.  Even when it's 105 with a heat index of 115 I prefer what I do over being behind a computer 24/7.  Animals can teach us a lot if we take the time to pay attention.  They can love unconditionally and when they look up at you with those soft eyes pleading "HEY FEED ME!!" well, you just melt.

I have had the chance to meet some incredible people in my line of work and I feel blessed for that.  I spent nearly 3 decades working in the legal field before I changed careers.  (I just tell people I shovel a different type of manure now).  Ok, ok, all you lawyer types out there it was just a joke!  Believe me, I spent my time in the trenches so I feel I earned the right to take a little jab now and again.

I've actually learned a lot from working with animals.  For instance they can't add 2 + 2 but they can sure tell whether or not they like someone.  That's called 'instinct'.  They don't need Facebook or Twitter to tell them who they should or should not 'follow'.  Most of the time they'll follow food like we'll follow money anyway.  They learn more by association and repetition than we do by computers and tvs.  Perhaps we humans should take notice occasionally.  


1 comment:

  1. keep going it is flowing really nicely, good job

    ReplyDelete