Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Careful What You Wish For...

It is Monday after all.  Here we are at the start of a new week and new school year.  Can you believe it? Where did the summer go? It went out faster than Donald Trump's hair gel! 

Maybe now we can look forward to cooler temperatures, shorter days and football! But then shortly thereafter comes colder temperatures, really short days and busted pipes.  There's that careful what you wish for thing.

As I've been pasture perusing a few things have come to my attention.  For one thing, it's lonely on the high plains of partnerless.  So when it seems there's nothing to look at in front of you, the natural tendency is to look backward.  Now normally, I probably wouldn't recommend that but in this case I am.  It's given me a new perspective on the present.  

You see, one of my biggest pet peeves is not being able to find someone who can simply accept me for me.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - everybody always says "I can accept you".  But truth be told what they're really saying is "I can accept you - as long as you're perfect".  It always makes me giggle when I see on someone's profile the tagline "I'm not looking for Mr./Miss Perfect, just perfect for me"... Poppycock!  Very next thing they're wanting more pictures from you.  If you're only wanting 'perfect for me' then why do you ask for more pictures instead of more information? 

I've had several of my married/involved friends say to me since I started this blog how grateful it makes them for their partner and to not be out on the singles scene because it's so insane these days. Believe me, I hear ya!  I've even had married people knock on my profile door.  Of course to them, my response is "If you're doing this then do you know where your wife is?"  Hmm.  Something to think about isn't it!   

If a genie appeared and granted you 3 wishes here's what NOT to wish for:  a new house (you'll just pay more in taxes), a new car (it'll cost more in insurance), a new partner (the one you have now knows all your secrets and what you look like first thing in the morning!)

Here's wishing you all a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment