Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

WHIPLASH AND HIP WADERS

Here's one for you that I know I've expressed before; it's about what I call the roller coaster guy.  I'm gonna try to keep this short and sweet because apparently my soapbox has run away from home again. But based on recent events, I just feel the need to revisit this one.

We've all had those relationships... the one where on Monday he's available, texting sweet things, telling you he's thinking about you, things like that. This is what I call the top of the roller coaster. Friday rolls around and the feelings are still there. Then week 2 and 3, still looking good - kinda. Then, for whatever reason, it happens. The texts and phone calls become more intermittent than entertaining. You know, like the loops on the roller coaster. Finally, as they say, what goes up must come down! It's so sharp you end up with whiplash if you're not careful.

You start asking yourself "What happened?" "What did I do wrong?" But you can't get those answers because he won't answer his phone muchless your questions. So, then "What did I do wrong?" turns into "What did HE DO RIGHT?" And now the roller coaster's at the bottom... where it stays for about a month.

Here's where the roller coaster meets the little engine that could because look at what's on your phone now - HE is.  That's right. You know the routine. First text "Hi" - like a scout peeking out from behind a rock to make sure he's not gonna get his head shot off. And you just can't help yourself. You have to respond. Whew, coast is clear so he peeks out a little bit more - I've seen snakes do the same thing. It's the apology text "Sorry... I've been busy..." or maybe "I lost my phone and your number but turns out my dog just buried it". (Yep, I've even heard that one.)

Now the question becomes do you hug his neck or wring it with that surrender flag he's waiving? What can I say, adrenaline junkie it is. You just can't resist giving the coaster a re-ride. Here's the other saying: First time shame on you, second time shame on me? Guess what pond you're wading into now? Hope you're wearing hip waders cause odds are you're gonna need them.

Awww. Look what just came home again... My dear little soap box. Wait. What's wrong with this picture?




No comments:

Post a Comment