Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

SPAM MALE (yes, I spelled it right)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do bad men like spam mail? Really. Think about it. What if, for instance, we have a bad date that we'd really like to get rid of - just totally forget? (And who HASN'T had those?) Or how about being able to run potential dates through a spam filter first to weed them out?

Just think about the time, money, make-up and hassle it could save.  I can tell you of at least one that I had. I had been talking to someone on line and then on the phone who seemed very nice. He had sent me pictures so I felt relatively certain that what I would see is what I would get.... WRONGO! He claimed when he captioned the photos with the date it was a typo (2011 should've been about 1991 apparently). 

I knew the minute I walked in and saw him it was going to be a disaster and at that point, I had two options. I could either a) leave the front door of the restaurant swinging in the breeze as I hit it at a dead run leaving Emily Post to roll over in her grave or b) I could muster up a smile continue across the room to the guy waving like he was landing a 747 and capturing the attention of everyone in the room... I opted for b unfortunately.

Now, see, that was totally a spam male moment for me. If there were spam filters for dates, though, I'm starting to think my regular inbox would be empty!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment