Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2011

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

As I sit here writing this (on a Mac I might add), I'm reminded of how much difference a single person can make in this journey we call life. In this case, I refer to the late GREAT Steve Jobs.  I get so tired of hearing people say things like "I'm only one person...I can't make a difference..." Wake up people because you CAN make a difference. Look at Steve Jobs. 

In today's society we've become so focused on bringing things to ourselves, be it money, promotions, love, whatever, that we completely lose sight of the fact that we're capable of bringing ourselves to others! Seriously, we have. If we could get out of our own way sometimes, we might be able to see the difference we've made or are making in someone else's life. And isn't that what life (and love) is all about?! I thought it was. 

People like Steve Jobs are always looking forward. I admire that because that usually means if they're looking forward, they're not looking down at their outstretched hand unless it's to shake someone else's. There's a phrase in a song "You've got to give love to get it" and that is so, so, so, so TRUE!!!! Whether it's to your partner or your kid or here's a good one - how about your parent(s) - if you extend a radiant smile and a warm hug that's just as much paying it forward as if you won the lottery.

I get so sick of looking at people's profiles on these dating sites even that talk about nothing but what they want from someone else. I won't give them the time of day any more.  If you're not willing to take a few minutes and talk about what you too are willing to offer to a relationship, then my guess is you're even less likely to do anything about it.

So everyone reading today's blog, do me one tiny favor. Show a little kindness... it's not that hard... whether it's giving your child an extra hug or texting your significant other just to say hi and you love them. Then sit quietly for a minute and think about how you feel in that exact moment. Doesn't that feel good? Now, think if you multiplied that a little each day. By making those around you feel special, you've helped remind them that you are. And that my friends is where you've made a difference.

Now, could someone please go find me a hammer? My soap box needs a little repair.  


No comments:

Post a Comment