Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE?

Ok, so my soap box is repaired... again. I know, I know, I'm wearing it out more than my mother did her Elvis Presley collection. But, hey, what can I say? The hits just keep on coming. Just when I think the tide's gonna turn and men are going to develop a little class - I get another email.

Guys, I'm gonna help you out here because apparently your mother was busy. When you send a message to a girl and the subject is "Hi", odds are we read that so it doesn't need to be repeated inside the email. Seriously. If you're gonna go to the trouble of hitting the send button, couldn't you invest a little more effort in hitting a few more keys first? But, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten just that - a email with the subject of "Hi" only to open up and SURPRISE the only thing in there... HI. Can you say anti-climatic... and delete?! 

Remember how your mother use to say "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" Here, I guess it'd be more like "Mouse got your tongue?" We know you're not William Shakespeare or Louis L'Amour but I remember reading more in my first grade reading book.  

I mean think about something to actually say. Now this piece of advice can be of use to guys and gals alike.  Here's an idea: Find something in their profile (yes, guys, you really should read the profile) and ask them a question or make a observation about something in it. If we go to the trouble of posting a halfway decent profile, the least you could do is pay a little attention to it. 

So, the moral of today's story is read before you write and please, please, please, WRITE BEFORE YOU SEND! Otherwise, don't blame us or your inbox if we don't respond. Now, there's a recall on my soap box so if you'll excuse me, I need to go send an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment