Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

VIRTUAL OPTIMISM

You know, I still get asked "Where do you get all your material for this blog?" And, sadly, the answer's still the same "If you had met the guys I have you wouldn't have to ask!" Ok, ok, I hear you guys screaming at me not to start that bus up again (not that I can help it if you all seem to step out in front of it at the same time.) I'm not saying you're all in the same category... It's just there's so many in it, it could apply for statehood at any time. 

But, as in any other scenario, there are exceptions to every rule - and this is no exception. I actually met someone not too long ago, that seems nice. We have a lot in common, he can carry on a conversation using words with more than two syllables and he even seems virtually normal. Now, note I said 'virtually'. Yes, that's right. 

As you know by  now I've always been skeptical about the online thing but when you live in the country it's not like you have a lot of options; I mean we don't exactly have a Wal-Mart sized dating pool around here... still more like the kiddie wading pool. I've even made comments like "virtual dating is about the equivalent of being sort of pregnant". And if you think about it that analogy is not that far off the mark. You have to admit, until you meet, online dating is sort of like trying to date a hologram. You see an image, you hear a voice but the body's still out of reach.

Now the phrase "He's virtually everything I've ever wanted" has a whole new meaning - if you get my meaning. But being the eternal optimist and hopeless romantic I am (don't choke on your beer, foam out nose still not attractive), I'm going to keep an open mind.  And so should you.



No comments:

Post a Comment