Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

THE TRUTH OF YOUTH

We've all heard those sayings like: "Youth is wasted on the young", "young at heart", and "the fountain of youth" or one of my favorites: "Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age".  And that's where I'd like to start.  I've noticed in the dating realm that more and more I'm getting hit on by younger guys and less and less by those my own age or older.  I don't know if I should be flattered or flabbergasted.

Trust me when I say there is very LITTLE truth in the saying "Get 'em young and train 'em right". The only thing I want wagging its tail and tongue at me has FOUR legs not two.  It's the equivalent of employers nowadays not wanting to go through a long drawn-out interview process to procure a new employee then spend months training them only to have them jump ship for the newer, sleeker yacht next door. 

We, ladies, shouldn't need some young thing at our side to help us feel young when in reality all we have to do is engage in activities that draw out our own youth.... Ok, well, besides THAT activity... You know what I mean.  I firmly believe we are each our own fountain of youth but that sometimes we just need to 'prime the pump' so to speak.  

To me, youth isn't wasted on the young, it's simply wasted on the lazy. So if forty is the old age of youth, and fifty is the youth of old age then I'm so glad 30 is a speck in my rear view mirror. Guys, when you're looking for that 'younger' woman remember a woman who is young at heart is just as real as one who is young at the DMV. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment