Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

HOW DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?

Where was I? Oh, yes, a continuation of my last outing with my little pasture pals. You know it's a crazy night when you can get more than one blog post out of it! Anyway, like I was saying, that wasn't even the end of the night. If there's one thing I learned the other night it's this: There are 2 instances where you should never use the phrase "I think" - 1) in business and, 2) girls night out.  Believe me, they're equally bad.

After the puppy parade was over, I spied a tall drink of water at the bar (and I'm not talking the Deja Blue brand). One of my pals happened to notice me glancing that way and was curious as to what had my attention so I covertly nodded my head and mouthed the words "he's at my 3 o'clock". She asked me if I knew him to which I replied "I don't think so". So, we watched him; we watched him stand at the bar then watched a big brunette swoop down on him like a hawk after a rabbit and drag (ok, lead) him to the dance floor. Wow, he can actually dance - checkmark number 2.  Now, friends, if wheels one and two fell off the wagon with the puppy parade incident here's where wheels 3, 4 and the spare all came off... 

So, as we were both straining to get a better look that got the attention of one of our other members (one who had had a lot more to drink than we 2 had). Turned out she knew him. At that point, that mare took the bit in her teeth and was off to the races - with me in tow like the wheeless wagon I was. 

She tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned around she delivered me up like a kid handing his first grade teacher a Christmas present. And believe me, that's about how little I felt.  I HAD met him, some months ago in another club just north of Dallas. I don't know what grew faster the mule ears on my head or the red in my face. All I could say was "Uh-Oh. I think I know you". What was worse was he remembered my name but I didn't remember his. Don't you hate it when that happens?! But, I have to say, he was a good sport about it.

Moral of the story: Take a sneak peak at someone with your glasses ON before you let myself get trotted out like a prize filly at the county fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment