Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Quest

Well, hello there sports fans.  Did you miss me? Don't worry, apparently neither did any of my exes. But Santa did bring me a shiny new soap box for Christmas! Apparently what I really asked for he said wouldn't fit in my stocking... quite laughing - I meant a new boyfriend!  Speaking of NEW, does anyone besides me dread New Years resolutions? Better yet, how many of us have actually kept any? If you're like me, well, they lasted about as long as any ex did... not that long.

But what would life be without a quest of some sort? What do you mean 'what's a quest?' I think if you change the word 'resolution' to 'quest' it would give the concept a bit more mystique. And who doesn't like a little 'mystique' in their life? Male or female. Quest calls to mind the days of old, knights on a white horse seeking the ever elusive truth, the one true passion of life's journey (like Braveheart).  See, now doesn't that sound better than 'resolution' which is reminiscent of oh, I don't know... Donald Trump? Hmm, Braveheart in the Trump's boardroom - VISUAL! Wouldn't you like to be in that board room? That wouldn't be a battle of the minds as much as a battle of the hair! 

So, this year's quest? For one, to be more successful than last year's. Other than that I guess it's about being more open minded to looking where I'm going.  After all, you can't open the next pasture gate if you're not looking for it... Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment