Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 1, 2012

CAMMO, AMMO AND A MUDBATH

In my spare time (what little there is) I like to shoot... Yes, SHOOT. Now don't go ballistic here, all you non-shooting enthusiasts! I'm talking about shooting at a timer target not a bad boyfriend. I don't know if it's from growing up in the country way of life or what but I've always been fascinated by guns so I've nearly always had one nearby. My city girlfriends get excited about having the latest designer shoes and me, well I drool over the latest in cammo and ammo! Ya gotta admit - they're both practical.

Now here's where you get to tell me... "And you wonder why you can't get a date?!"  I was speaking at a chamber of commerce function recently where I made that very comment in fact. But afterwards, it did get me to thinking about it. I've seen the profiles of some of my other girlfriends on these dating websites and where they list things like 'reading', 'curling up watching a movie' or 'crossword puzzles', mine says things like 'hunting', 'fishing' and 'horseback riding'.  What's funny is, when I get an email with my 'current matches' and look at some of them, well let's just say their profile reads more like my girlfriends'. So how is it they're my 'match'?  Seriously, if a guy sending me a email has a hat on, well it better be a baseball cap or cowboy hat; fedora's only work on Frank Sinatra. 

Another example would be this: where a country girl's ideal mudbath comes from a really good day of 'muddin' (four-wheelin') and it's free, my city friends' mudbath is compliments of a pricey spa with a coupon they got on their Iphone. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Don't get me wrong here... just because we like to play in the mud doesn't mean we like to stay in the mud. We can clean up as well as anyone and we like the feminine side of life too. After all, we too carry things like lipstick and perfume in our purse - they're just usually right next to our laminated fishing license. 

Now if you'll excuse me, it looks like the boss' horse just took a mudbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment